Saturday 14 May 2011

Ao No Exorcist (The Blue Exorcist)


Type: Anime & Manga
Status: Anime - Complete (23 episodes)     Manga - Ongoing

Premise: My father killed the only man that I ever cared about. He was more of a father than that bastard ever was and my father murdered him leaving him in a pool of his own blood, burning from the inside out with blue fire. Satan killed my father. Now I will kill him.

Thoughts: This story has a compelling plot line at its core; along with its highly structured system for powers and magic, and interesting characters each with their own motivations it allows the plot to progress steadily without you feeling rushed. I really enjoy the feel of this story because there is enough dark elements to offset the comedy making a multi dimensional feeling plot that is compelling.

Prose: Driven plot, good comedy, well established "power base".

Cons: Another exorcist story? (There are allot now that I think about it, I must like these kinds of stories.)

-Notes: There is a piece of information that they throw out there a while into the plot that could have been useful much earlier on; They don't fear Rin because he is a demon, demons working as exorcists are relatively common, they fear that he is the son of Satan. It makes a lot more sense if you are told this now so heads up.

8.5/10          (No demon is impervious to proper application of bullets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment